The ITIL® (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) framework is designed to standardize the selection, planning, delivery and support of IT services to a business. The Service Operation (SO) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The SO module focuses on coordination of the activities involved during service strategy design and transition phase. This certification is aimed at the professionals involved in management of Service Operations.
ITIL® qualifications set international benchmarks of quality for IT professionals all over the world. The value of ITIL® has increased sharply in recent years and an ITIL® certification is fast becoming an entry requirement for a majority of IT-based roles. Professionals with ITIL® Intermediate SO Certification are likely to earn 40% higher salary as compared to non-certified peers.
Expected Learning Outcome:
- Describe the Service Operation’s purpose, objectives, scope and value to business and the key components of ITIL library.
- Explain the involvement of Service Operation staff within other lifecycle stages.
- Describe the Operational Activities in other Lifecycle Stages.
- Explain how Service Operation (SO) is organized and how its functions are structured.
- List the challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with Service Operations